The 7 Must Know Wedding Trends of 2019
It’s that time of year again, and wedding season
is now fully in swing. It’s clear to see, that as time evolves and the endless
string of trends come and go, there are more creative and unique ways than ever
to personalise and make your special day more about you and your significant
Here are our top 7 wedding trends for you to say “I do” to.
- Unconventional Wedding Rules – Gone are the days of conventional, strict wedding traditions. 2019 is set to surprise with an array of speeches before dinner, bridesmaids wearing white dresses, and bride and maid of honour speeches. We’re keen to see plenty mothers, bridesmaids, brides and sisters taking centre stage. Gender-neutral wedding parties are also becoming more commonplace, with people of every gender standing next to the bride(s) or groom(s).
- Dried Flowers – Dried flowers are featuring more and more as the bloom of choice, creating more texture and adding a touch of romanticism for the more bohemian bride. Whilst more traditional brides wouldn’t dare stray from a more traditional fresh bloom bouquet, florists are beginning to incorporate dried flowers into fresh arrangements, thus adding a subtle whimsical twist to arrangements. Pampas grass and lunaria are sure to be favourites.
- Floral Moon Gates – Stealing some inspiration from the royals, floral moon gates are one of the hottest bloom trends this year. Tie the knot with flowers akin to the display at Meghan and Harry’s nuptials.
- Eco-Friendly Weddings – Following in the footsteps of Princess Eugenie, brides-to-be are thinking more about the planet while planning their big day, and choosing to go plastic-free when possible. Of course it helps that linen napkins and glass straws look much chicer than their plastic counterparts.
- Hand-Painted Cakes – Wedding cakes just got sweeter. Hand-painted and watercolour wedding cakes have always been somewhat in vogue – anything from vintage watercolour flowers, to masterpieces of modern abstract colour. For 2019, we predict spatula painted cakes will be the tastiest trend yet. These beautiful, artistic cakes are likely going to be almost too good to eat.
- Tarot – With photo booths largely overdone as an optional creative activity for guests to partake, couples seeking the next big entertainment trend, look no further than tarot card reading. This magical proposition is sure to provide a creative edge and an exciting, unique experience for your guests.
- Moroccan Inspired Decor – Not only is Morocco a top location for an exotic destination wedding or enchanted honeymoon, it’s North African charm is inspiring wedding decor this year. Think hanging lanterns, vibrant textiles, star details, lounge areas with layers of cushions, pampas grass, and sandy desert hues.
We hope that our top trends have inspired some extra-special sparkle for your big day and we can’t wait to get started on the planning with you!